Roca Negra Lodge – Chile
Roca Negra is a 20-room structure built primarily from local timber and black volcanic rock and is surrounded by native forests. It’s also directly in front of El Nevado glacier and close-by to the Nevados de Chillan ski resort. Roca Negra has become the premier ski and snowboard lodge in South America, by offering experiences of exceptional quality. Although there are lots of places to enjoy a vacation, our guests have found that our traditional Chilean character, our personalized care and our attention to individuality, enhances the trip and lodging experience in Chile. In the last few years we have hosted guests from all over the world and many of them return year after year. We hope you will join us.
Roca Negra – The Name
Roca Negra simply means ‘Black Rock’ in Spanish. The Lodge is located amongst the remains of an extensive lava flow, which eventually turned into volcanic rock and gave us our name, Roca Negra. The hotel is 1000 meters squared and was built of native wood and volcanic black rock. The interior’s rustic, casual and elegant design includes the unique art of Mapuche Loomers, giving our hotel an identity that reflects the Andes Mountains.
Ski and Snowboard
- Skiing and snowboarding at Roca Negra is done at Termas de Chillan Ski resort. The resort has terrain that is suitable for all levels. The advanced terrain is world class, with open bowls, chutes, tree runs and groomers. There are also terrain parks on the mountain.
- We also have snowmobile access into the backcountry as well as helicopter access. You can book these options before your trip or reserve when you arrive.
- THE SPA – Our Spa offers two hot tubs located outside among native trees with stunning views of Las Piedras Hills, providing a romantic and picturesque setting.
- SAUNA – The Sauna is steps away and offers strong purifying and cleansing properties enhanced by the beautiful and peaceful environment.
- NEW! Yoga and meditation room
- MASSAGE – Situated on the third floor of the lodge, the massage and relaxation room is available for our guests to enjoy a variety of professional services such as “Massage Andino”, while enjoying a magnificent view.
- WIFI – There is WIFI access in the main area of the lodge.
- ENTERTAINMENT – We have a huge flat screen TV, pool table, a skateboard mini ramp, loads of couches and a fireplace to kick back and relax.
- BOOT STORAGE – We offer boot storage on site to keep your gear warm and dry.
- Included in your stay at Roca Negra is transportation to and from the mountain daily.
- We can also arrange pickups from the airports in Santiago, Chillan or Concepcion.
The Food and Wine
At Roca Negra, we serve a cuisine comprised of a mix of Chilean delicacies, combined with world influences. Our lodge attracts culinary experts from the best restaurants in Chile. For breakfast we typically serve a traditional breakfast of cereals, fruits, yogurts, eggs and toast. For dinner, our menu is different every night. Our favourite meals are traditional Chilean barbecues, Chilean sea bass, various pasta dishes and soups. Our chefs cook up a few options every night and dinner is served at a time that’s convenient for you.
Some other good news
We have a fully stocked wine cellar in our basement. The cellar features wines from across Chile. Our wait staff is bilingual and in some cases trilingual.
Is there any nightlife
We have a low key atmosphere at the Lodge that is meant for relaxation after being out on the hill. If you want to party, there are bars and small clubs in the Termas where you can dance and drink in a true ski town atmosphere.
Our lodge is available for private groups, family vacations, special events and team photo shoots. Check out some of the photos below and Nick Visconti’s tour of the inside.